Since I don’t intend on just sitting around the house now that I’m a stay-at-home-mom, I am on the hunt for activities for my son and I to do during the day. There’s always the scramble to get the house/work/life stuff done, but I don’t want him sitting around watching me try to get things done. I’m intent on experiencing things together. So I spent this morning scouring the Internet for toddler-friendly activities that are also free or pretty cheap. I’m trying to save money on daycare and not make it up in pricey activities! I actually had a great (and free) morning at the park, where we jogged around the lake a couple times and then he played so much that he took a 2 1/2 hour nap. Score!!
So far I’ve found:
- Barnes & Nobles has free story time
- All the local libraries have free story time and arts/crafts
- Our museums have a free day but not sure how excited he’d be about that
- The science museum has fun stuff but he’s still too young for the events I saw posted
- There’s a bouncy place called Rebounderz that has special toddler times for $8
- There’s an art class I really want to do called Color Splash but you have to buy the whole month and it’s $90-$110! I wish they just had per class options.
So, I’d love to hear from other SAHM’s about where they find activities and what I should check into!
Categories: Mom Life