Today we’ll be covering one of life’s great mysteries- how to make the bed with a toddler around. A very interested toddler who may or may not be making lumps all up in your covers.
Here’s how to do it in 6 easy steps!
1) Pick out your sheets and prepare. California Design Den sent us their Everyday Comfort sheets to try out in a pretty light blue color. They are 100% cotton and 400 thread count and come with the fitted sheet, top sheet and two pillowcases.
2) First thing I did was wash them with softener so they’d be extra nice and snuggly, then took them right out of the dryer when they were done. They recommend not over-drying for the best feel and it also lessens the chance of wrinkles. Also, fresh out of the dryer sheets are like a beacon for toddlers, because who doesn’t love wrapping up in fresh warm sheets?
3) Next the goal is to put the fitted sheet on while toddler is distracted. This takes some skill and swiftness. I managed to get it into place before my activity was detected.
4) Attempt to put on top sheet. This is where you may run into difficulty:
5) While toddler is distracted under sheets, put pillowcases on pillows.
6) Attempt to put on top sheet. Try to work around toddler lump. Eventually just give up and just let him have the bed. Maybe I made it too soft and snuggly? Either way, he was a fan of the new sheets and so am I!
Categories: Mom Life