Daily Kneads sent me a selection of their veggie bread products and after a week of trying to make something with it that my picky three-year-old would eat, I decided to make something nice for my husband and myself for dinner. Nice doesn’t always have to be complicated. In fact, sometimes nice is whatever I scrounge up in the fridge. And this time I had a package of Daily Kneads Spinach and Leek Vegetable Flatbread, a few chunks of cheese and a package of Frontera Chicken Taco Skillet that seemed like it would make a really good flatbread topping. And it did! The entire dinner took less than 20 minutes and can easily be made even if you don’t consider yourself much of a cook.
No need to cook everything individually when making flatbread. Find something that has everything you want in it all at once. Grilled chicken breast, fire roasted peppers and chile tomato sauce sounds like a perfect pizza topping to me! So that’s how I ended up using the Frontera Chicken Taco Skillet mix on a flatbread instead of in a taco. This isn’t even a recipe, but more like assembly instructions. Such an easy dinner but it looks and tastes great! And with the veggie flatbread you get a whole extra serving of veggies so you can feel pretty good about serving “pizza” for dinner.
- Daily Kneads Veggie and Leek Flatbread
- Package of Frontera Chicken Taco Skillet
- Cheese of choice (I had a few leftover chunks of cheddar jack, but would usually have gone with a shredded cheese)
- Lettuce and salad dressing to top it off with, if desired (it’s like a salad and pizza all in one and looks fancy with lettuce on top)
- Cook up your preferred toppings first
- Put your flatbreads on a foil lined baking sheet for easy clean-up
- Top with cheese
- Turn oven to broil and melt cheese on bread
- Add toppings mix
- Return to oven long enough to heat everything up again
- Slice up pizza
To make it look really fancy and bring something a little extra to the dinner, add a bit of spring mix or arugula on top and then drizzle it lightly with ranch dressing. Then enjoy!
Categories: Entrees, Food & Recipe
Leave a Reply