This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however all opinions expressed are my own.
The great thing about living in Florida is all this beautiful weather and sunshine makes it possible for our Florida farmers to provide fresh produce year-round. I love strolling the produce aisle or visiting the farmer’s market and seeing what’s in season, and then working our meals around it.
My son loves fruits of all kinds and right now Fresh from Florida strawberries are in season! So that means we always have them in the fridge ready to slice for a healthy snack (Did you know strawberries have more Vitamin C than an orange?), or maybe as a treat on top of pancakes or ice cream. I also always have yogurt around because my son loves the kid’s organic vanilla yogurt, so I found a great way to combine two delicious things that results in a moist, flavorful mini cupcake that works great as a breakfast bite or an afternoon snack.
Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Mini Muffins
Makes 48 Mini Muffins
*I’m sure you can make regular muffins too, but I haven’t tried it, so I’m not sure how many it will make!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
Optional: Brown sugar and Red sprinkles for topping
*Low sugar (but still yummy) option: Use 1/2 cup sugar, plain yogurt and skip topping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix together softened butter, sugar and oil until smooth.
3. Add in egg, yogurt and vanilla and mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, combine first four dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well and then add to wet mixture.
5. Slowly mix in your chopped strawberries. Don’t stir too much because you don’t want to squish them.
6. Line the muffin tin with paper liners and fill 3/4 full. I used a spoon to scoop the batter.
7. Sprinkle a little brown sugar on top for a little extra sweet treat. I also added a dash of red sprinkles for color.
8. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, test by inserting a toothpick or knife in the center. If it comes out clean, it’s ready!
They will be a little gooey right out of the oven. Let them cool and then remove from the pan. Store in an airtight container on the counter for 2-3 days before moving to the fridge, where you can keep them for a week. You can also put them right in the fridge if you want a more firm muffin.
These go great with morning coffee!