Because sometimes you have to sneak those veggies in! But also, because the addition of grated zucchini makes these turkey burgers nice and juicy. I made these last night and was really happy with the result. They are a little mushy when raw, so it helps to stick them in the freezer before grilling. You can also pan fry or broil them without freezing first.
1 1/4 lb. ground turkey
1/2 cup finely grated zucchini
1/3 cup mayo (I used Miracle Whip)
1/2 cup unflavored breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp. finely chopped sweet onion
2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 Tbsp. Kosher salt (more or less to taste)
Makes 6 Burgers
- Use a large cheese grater to grate the zucchini. I followed up with a little extra chopping to make it nice and fine. Then put it into a paper towel and squeeze out the excess water.
- Finely chop the sweet onion (I used Vidalia onions) and garlic. Or cheat like me and use minced garlic that comes ready-to-use.
- Chop the parsely
- Mix everything up in a big bowl
- Form into 6 patties
- Put them in the freezer until firm if you want to grill them, or you can pan fry or broil them.
- Enjoy a glass of wine while patties are firming up, if you chose that method. This is also a good reason to freeze them.
- Cook ’em up and enjoy 🙂
*So how did the toddler react? He threw a fit, yelled “I don’t want the stinky burger!,” then ate all of it.