I love chocolate! I also love spicy! So when you put them together and add a dash of salt on top, it just becomes a heavenly treat for your taste buds. I started with a recipe from Miss Jones Baking Co. and changed a few things (as usual) and made it my own way. This one looks really fancy but is actually quite easy and it all starts with a box of Miss Jones organic brownie mix!
For the brownie bites:
1 box Miss Jones Baking Co. Organic Brownie Mix
1 mini cupcake pan (makes 24 brownie bits)
3 tbsp water
1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 bag dark chocolate wafers for the molten center (chocolate chips will work too)
For the topping:
1/3 cup chocolate wafers or chips
Miss Jones organic frosting in chocolate
Chili pepper flakes
Brownie bite instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, oil, water and cayenne pepper. Mix until well blended.
- Lightly grease and flour a mini muffin/cupcake pan (use butter and flour – not a spray), then fill each cup 1/3 full.
- Add a chocolate wafer (or chips) and cover with mix until ⅔ full.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. (mine took 12)
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from the pan. (I had to use a knife and lightly spin it around each one before it would pop out easily)
- Put 1/3 cup chips or wafers in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 20 seconds.
- Put 1/3 cup of Miss Jones frosting in the bowl, mix and return to microwave for 20 seconds.
- Heat and stir until you get a nice melted consistency.
- If it gets too runny, just pop it in the freezer for a minute.
- Remove all cooled brownie bites and set them out on parchment paper or tinfoil
- Using a spoon, drizzled melted chocolate over brownie bites
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes while topping is still warm
- Let cool a bit and then sprinkle sea salt (or any large coarse salt) over the top. If you sprinkle it on while it is too hot, it will just melt into the chocolate and may make it seem too salty. You want just a hint of salt.
- Remove brownie bites, store in an airtight container and enjoy your delicious creation!
Categories: Dessert, Food & Recipe
This is such a creative twist on cookies! Love this idea. Following for more great recipes. Thanks for sharing! I recently made flan and it was fantastic. Here is the recipe if you’d like to give it a try too 🙂
I’ve never tried making flan before 🙂
This recipe is a good one to start out with