Tryazon sent me a great selection of Save the Day Seasonings to throw a little spice sampling get-together. I was going to be on a family vacation at the time and thought it would be fun to make dinner for everyone one night! I decided to do three different style tacos so that we could try a variety of spices.
On the Menu:
- Mexican seasoning on steak with sweet and purple onions
- Thai seasoning on shrimp with asian cabbage salad mix and cilantro
- Jamaican jerk on chicken with lettuce, cheese and pico
- Pico de gallo with a dash of Super Strong A.R.M. seasoning
Save the Day Seasoning’s goal is the make dinner time easy! They offer 17 different spices that can be added to anything to create a great tasting meal without a lot of work. The all come in glass jars and they sell refill packs so you can refill the jars when they are empty instead of throwing them out! Also, all the spices are all-natural, vegan friendly and free from gluten, soy, dairy, MSG, dyes and preservatives.
Steak Tacos with Save the Day Mexican Seasoning
- Chop meat and add seasonings. Let this marinate while you are prepping the rest
- Slice onions – I used purple, vidalia and green onions
- Cook it all up and squeeze on a little lime for flavor
- Top with shredded lettuce, cheese and pico
Shrimp Tacos with Save the Day Thai Seasoning
- Take shell and tails off shrimp
- Mix lime juice and Thai seasoning and let marinate, but not too long or you’ll have ceviche!
- Cook with green onions
- Top with shredded cabbage and cilantro
Chicken Tacos with Save the Day Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- Prep chicken and mix with a little olive oil and Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- Let it marinade for at least 30 min.
- Cook up chicken and top with shredded lettuce, cheese and pico
Pico De Gallo
- One of the easiest things to make! Just mix together chopped tomatoes (roma or plum tomatoes work the best), onions, a little lime, cilantro
- I added a few dashes of Save the Day Strong A.R.M Seasoning for extra flavor
We ended up having more people than I had planned, so I was glad I made a good bit of food. It was devoured! Most people said the Thai shrimp was their favorite, but all the flavors got rave reviews. With nine adults and eight kids, I found it hard to wrangle everyone for a group photo. People were too busy eating! I will definitely be putting these spices to use in my kitchen and am looking forward to seeing what else I can spice up!
If you’d like to check them out, visit their website at https://savethedayseasonings.com/ and they also have Facebook page.
Categories: Entrees, Food & Recipe
Awesome photos! Thank you for sharing!