MomsMeet.com sent me a box from Lindsay showcasing their delicious flavours of almond butter. While browsing the website for recipes, my son spotted these Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies and said “I want to make those!” So that’s what we did! I tweaked the original recipe a tiny bit – adding a little more oats and extra chocolate chips because the batter was a little too gooey. The result is a chewy oatmeal cookie that you can feel a little better about feeding your kids, because it’s made with good stuff. Good stuff plus chocolate chips of course.
- 1 1/2 cups Lindsay Honey Cinnamon Almond Butter
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs – lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats– not instant
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preaheat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl mix almond butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. You can use a fork to do this, no need for a mixer.
- Stir in baking soda
- Add oats and chocolate chips and mix thoroughly
- I used an ungreased baking sheet and scooped little blobs of dough (about 1 1/2″ size) onto the pan with a spoon. They were too sticky to make much of a shape.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes (I did exactly 9)
- Let cool then remove from the sheet pan. They will firm up a little when they cool.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
If you’d like to see more recipes made with almond butter, check out Lindsay’s recipe section and scroll to the Almond Butters: Lindsay’s Healthy Cooking Recipes